LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

U Sarkar (Manager)     23 August 2011

Eviction of tenant

I and my wife is the co-owner of a flat in Kolkata which was rented for 11 (eleven) months on tenancy agreement in June’10.

Since I need the flat for the use of my daughter who will get married in early Oct’11, I requested the tenant in May’11 verbally to vacate the flat within 30 days. In the month of June 11 however tenant had agreed to vacate the flat in early Oct’11.

Now tenant is not willing the vacate the flat even in Oct’11  and I have issued notice (pasted on the door of the flat and front gate the building) on 18th Aug’11 to vacate the flat within 7 (Seven) days. I have also lodged complaint to local police under General Diary on 22.08.11. Still there is no positive movement from the tenant side.

Notice date is expiring on 25th Aug’11 and what would be my steps to vacate the flat. I need possession of the flat on or about 18th Sept’11.

Learning

7 Replies

syed saquib iqbal (STUDENT)     25 August 2011

Have you filed a private notice or legal notice? If it is a legal notice then you should go for filing an application under rent control act.

U Sarkar (Manager)     29 August 2011

Notice  has been served under our name which is not legal notice.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     30 August 2011

Police can not help in these matters , you have to file case in court for eviction.

U Sarkar (Manager)     30 August 2011

I do agree with you. If it is taken to court can i get eviction order within 15 days or so?

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     30 August 2011

Such matters do not get solved in days but it takes years.

U Sarkar (Manager)     31 August 2011

Thanks for the comments... so i think it would be better to settle mutually with the influence of local people.

Sapforpreeti (Owner)     24 April 2012

Hello,

I read your post and my  issue is similar to the one that you have mentioned. We're you successful in getting this resolved. I have re Ted out o reputed company Ashoka life science in Kolkata in Rajarhat area near big bazaar and they at snow not ready to vacate . How did you go through all this an d who helped you, it would be great if you can provide me some information and the area details, would've highly appreciative .

Thanks,

Suresh.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register