IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Biplab   04 November 2017

Eviction of tenant.

Hello all respected lawyers, I bought a house in February 17 and the buyer has a TV cable line business in a room of ground floor. The buyer requested me to give rent that room for 3 years but there was not any written agreement only verbally.Now the buyer shifted to his flat in other city and comes once a month to collect money from his business staffs.But business staffs are not good , they are rude like local goons and they are disturbing us very much . I asked them to evict the room but they are not willing to shift their business place.Now what will I do get back that room in a peaceful way if possible.


 6 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 November 2017

Rent agreement for 1 year and above has to be registered (compulsory), oral agreement is not admissible in evidence.


Biplab   05 November 2017

Sir, I know that , but now I want to know what I have to do now at present.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 November 2017

You are "buyer" and the buyer shifted to his flat in some other city??? Confusing.


Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 November 2017

However, the tenancy is on month-to-month basis, issue legal notice under the provision of the Transfer of Property Act or State Rent Control Act (as the case may be) through a local prudent lawyer for termination of tenancy and handing over possession of demised premises along with damages (after the tenant is declared tress-passer) and mesne profits.

Biplab   05 November 2017

Sorry , that would be ' seller' , seller shifted to other city. Thank you Sir for the advice . Will the case continue in court for many years? Generally property related case continue in court for many years.

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     08 November 2017

one of the best way is to seek the eviction of the tenant on the basis of personal necessity/bona fide need.

you need help of local lawyer, who can advise you as per the merits of your case.

as far as time is concerned, it may take a bit of time to get the premises evicted from the tenant.  But don't delay the matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query