LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jaylal Jaisingh Bisukarma @ B. (LAWYER /ADVOCATE)     26 June 2011

Evening Courts --Mockery of Judicary

The Evening Courts(6:30pm to 8 pm) functioning in Mumbai and Thane District are mostly empty i.e to say that neither the complainants nor the accused are comming to the eveing courts (esp. 138 N.I. matters). Its mockery of judicary and law the evening courts are not doing well. Its burden on state exchequre. shouldn't the evening courts be stopped ?

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

You are damn right. It's the same story in Pune. I have always turned up and seen empty courtroom

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     27 June 2011

same position in Gujarat

shiv mohan gulati (member)     27 June 2011

It is just wastage of money by the Govt. for the reasons best known to officials attached to the Ministry of Law & justice. Not to say about  the concerned parties, the lawyers" also cannot attend the evening courts.   Practically, it is very difficult for lawyers to assist the Evening Courts.  No lawyer can devote such a long hours in Court office.  If a lawyer engaged in case for Evening Court, he will have to stay at his office right from 9.30 a.m. till 8.30p.m. without any break.  He would not be able to preapre for the cases listed in the courts for the next working day and would not be able to attend to his clients, who have already engaged him and paid for his services, because a seriously practising lawyer cannot take his cases in a casual manner at the cost of losing his cases.  The idea of Evening court has never been welcomed by legal fraternity. 

Shaulabh Shah (advocate)     29 June 2011

You are absolutely right. Here in Ahmedabad (Gujarat) have the same thing. No one really comes in the evening court.  I am agree with your view....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register