LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin   07 October 2022

Estranged wife

  • Sir, my husband uncle had gifted his property to my husband by way of gift deed... I have a minor daughter n we are living at mu maternal house.. Had filed DVA against him n his family.. A maintenance amount was sanctioned.. But since covid he has stopped giving the maintenance amount.... He has even kept his gift deed hidden... Kindly guide me wat should be future step... N hw can i  get the copy of the gift deed legally


 2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   07 October 2022

File execution petition for recovery of maintenance arrears ,you can't claim on gift property.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     07 October 2022

File execution petition. Further, gifted property is a self acquired property and not an ancestral property. Your husband is free to donate it to anyone be it a man of straw. In case you can show direct resembles with the gifted property and his non compliance of the maintenance orde or his income assets statement or with the issues of the case, you can file section 91 crpc petition, else you have no legal right. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query