LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravi reddy (business )     25 July 2018

Establish title on property from mother before stridhan 1956

My grand mother aquired a property with her own funds in 1935 and she sold  a part of it in 1940, she leased out  the rest to a petrolium corporation and they are running a petrol pump in it since then , she died in 1942 after that my father came into posetion of the property the corporation started sending the lease to my father later in 1949 he him self renued the lease with the petrolium corporation and renewed the lease once again in 1989, he passed away in 2002 , after this the corporation recognised us as the owners and  sending lease to me and my brother 

The title of the land is still in my grand mothers name and she also have 2 daughters , so as my grand mother died in 1942 will the Land fall under the stridhan act or will  my father be  the only legal heir for this 

Learning

2 Replies

Raghav Arora   25 July 2018

Hi! Thanks for the question!

This property of your grand mother can be counted as her stridhan and after the intestate death of a Hindu Female the property devolves on her heirs that is husband and children. So after your grandmother's death your grandfather had the right on it and now after him his children, that is you and your siblings are the rightful heirs.

Good Luck!

ravi reddy (business )     25 July 2018

Thank you very much

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register