LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod (Web Designer)     07 October 2009

Error in Schedule of Property

I purchased a  60' x 40' plot ( measuring 2400 sq.ft / 1 ground ) in chennai in the year 2007 and the registration was done.

Recently, when i went thro the document, i found the dimensions of the plot interchanged in the schedule.

Physically, The plot is 60 feet wide in northern and southern sides and 40 feet wide in eastern and western sides.

But in the deed that i have registered, the schedule is interchanged and mentioned as 40 feet wide in northern and southern sides and 60 feet wide in eastern and western sides.

What has to be done now to change the error ?

Learning

8 Replies

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     07 October 2009

U CAN AMMEND THE SAME AT THE AMENDMENT SALEDEED BY MENTIONING THE ERROR WHILE REGISTRATION. IMMEDIATLY  CONSULT THE CONCERN REGISTRAR , HE WILL HELP IN COEERECTION.

Vinod (Web Designer)     07 October 2009

is amendment and rectification deed one and the same ???

SALA SATEESH (lawyer)     07 October 2009

Dear Vinod,

Rectification is the right  term.

you have to draft the rectification deed signifiying the error in which page and line of the deed  needs to be rectified and to be read as......., then  to be signed by the vendor & urself and needs to be submitted in sub-registrar's office where the deed is registered.

Then this would confer the better and valid title.

Trusting,clarified well. 

Regard,

S.Sateesh

sateesh_1974@rediff.com 

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     07 October 2009

IN REGISTRATION DEPTMENT THEY CALL IT AS AMENDMENT  SALE DEED, IN TECHNICALLY IT IS A RACTIFICATION OF SALE DEED ONLY

mahesh kumar yadav (Advocate)     08 October 2009

hi this is Mahesh kumar yadav

my suggestion is write a letter to Registrar mentioning the eror occured in the shedule property , and the same can be rectify b y making necessary changes by verifying the physical possession of the plot by the registrar and if he thinks it is necessary to change in the records he can make change in the records.

G.H. SUBBU (Advocate)     11 October 2009

It could have taken notice of in the early stage itself.  But now, it should be done only by Rectification Deed and it should also be executed by the Original Vendor, and to be registered in the concerned Sub Registrar Office.

N.Ramakrishnan (Advocate/ Senior Partner)     12 October 2009

Dear Vinod,

The only solution is to get a Deed of Rectification executed between the Vendor and yourself and get it registered in the same SRO.

Thanks,

N.Ramakrishnan, ADV

AS (-)     12 November 2009

Dear Ramakrishnan,

Assuming Promotor sold to Party1 with ceratin typographical error in the sale deed (say survey number. Party1 sold the land to Party2 with the same typographical error. Promotor has the right title for correct survey number but Party2 did not buy from Promotor directly. How can Party2 get this rectification done by Party1 and Promotor (if needed).

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register