Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharat Batham (Manager Quality)     05 May 2011

Error in Sale Deed

Dear Friends,

I have bought a house in Pune for Rs.51 lakhs & took a home loan from LICHF for Rs.26 lakhs. Vendor & his family is settled in Singapore.

As vendor came from Singapore we did the sale deed without DD number & kept the check number & date column blank as advised by the LIC HF agent

Now after 2 weeks i received the check number which i duly put in Sale DEED & went to LIC HF office to collect the DD.

NOW LIC HF made two Big mistakes

1 LICHF guys messed up & gave me the DD number to be put on Sale Deed

2 They put the wrong Account number in the DD for my vendor.

Now my questions are

1 What should i do, vendor is in Singapor cant come for correction deed.

2 Even if i want to move to othr BANK i cant as Sale deed says paid by LICHF with cheque number & Date

3 Even if i call my vendor at my expense how much will be the correction deed expense.

Thanks

Bharat B Batham

+91-9881472820

Learning

5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     05 May 2011

LIC HF  is no way concerned with the payment and it is not the duty of employee to ask to mention the cheque No.in the sale deed.  When there is regd., sale deed how come he is asking to mention the DD o. in the sale deed. Tll him your duty is to see whether the sale deed is regd., or not?

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     07 May 2011

I agree with Mr. Rajeevji, First u check your sale deed is o.k if it's o.k collect from SRO. This is your bank mistake so they sloved the problem it's not necessary to make a rectification deed. U check a total amount it's ok so sale deed is ok.

Trilok Nath Saxena (Lawyer)     08 May 2011

There is no doubt to differ on any count adv.rajeev (rajoo). I simply add if the the purchaser wants doubly sure than he should move to collect the documentary evidence of payment to vendor, once such proofs are collected than the sale deed cant be challenged on ground it is without consideration. Otherwise also after execution of sale deed if the vendor has not got sale consideration than he has only right to recover the same not to challenge the sale deed unless such type stipulation is in the sale deed.

T N Saxena Adv

Ankur Soam   09 May 2022

I purchase a plot 1.5 years back. Two cheques are given to the property owner. 
There is misprinted a cheque number "366798" instead of "363798" in registration file. 
Is there any possibility of any issue in future?

silverirate   28 November 2022

Since the seller was located in Singapore, we followed the advice of the LIC HF agent and completed the sale deed without the DD number and left the check phrazle number and date columns blank.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register