LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sneha jaiswal   12 April 2021

Error dob

Hi, Learned Counsel,

One of my friend is having a wrong Date of Birth at his passport. Mistake was from his side or passport office's side is unknown. However he didn't get it rectified. Even when he renewed his passport after the expiry of the old one, he continued with the same wrong Date of Birth; and has also stated wrong dta elf birth in his US Visa and Canada Visa.  Subsequently he also got the Date of Birth rectified in his Pan Card giving the wrong date of birth of his Passport. Is this an offence..If Yes, how serious and is it or punishable? Can anything be done now as its almost 19years with the mistake on the Passport. 



 1 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     13 April 2021

How he obtained the Pass port first? Without verification of record how the pass port issuing to your friend?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query