LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Salil Joshi (Engg)     06 January 2011

EPF woes

I worked for a firm(let's call it X) from July 2007 and resigned on May 2009. I was employeed in Pune, the company headquarters were in Banglore and the PF account was in Mumbai (Bandra).

In July / August, I submitted the necessary documents to withdraw my EPF. The company HR told me that:

- They have appointed a 3rd party entity for PF related work

- X is in are in the process of moving our PF accounts from Mumbai to Banglore, so it will take time.

- For the past 1.5 years, I have been following up with the company consistently. I still have not received my EPF.

- When I asked what my banglore EPF account number is, they said they did not know. When I asked what my account balance is, they said they did now know.

- Just yesterday, the company HR person told me that my withdrawal application 'bounced' from the banglore EPF office. That is when they realized that my account was never transferred from Bandra to Banglore.

- As of now, I do not know what my account balance is. I do not know whether the money is in Banglore or Mumbai. I do not know when I'll receive the money. I do not know whom to talk to.

Any ideas what my options are? Is it not my ex-employer's responsibility to provide me the EPF money? What if I need that money urgently?

Please guide me. This has been most frustrating.

Learning

4 Replies

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     08 January 2011

hello sir,

1st u write a letter to that company manager & collect one copy  for you. after 15 day just you asked them again just that is you evedience about your EPF. if they dont give tn u can go court or take advice from local lawyer

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     08 January 2011

Do you have your  PF number - usually it should be shown in your payslip. Even otherwise, lodge a complaint with the PF COmmissioner Bandra with full details. They would refer the matter to the company and your grievance will be activatedl

KB Prakash (service)     15 January 2011

Hello, on plain reading of your grievance, it can be suggested that, as you have mentioned that your PF is in Bandra, you can contact epfbandra.org website and can cheque the status of your claim and balance at credit.    further, if you have changed your present job andjoined another company(if it is covered under EPF Act) thenonly you can transfer your PF to new establishment.  it is the primary duty of the employer to inform PF account no to each and every employee working under  him.  no third person is responsible.  you can lodge a complaint against your employer for not providing your PF account no and not submitting the claim form to the concerned PF office.

ajay ahluwalia (As above)     16 January 2011

If u do not get reply from EPF office RTI Act can be used to get reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register