LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhishek   03 August 2017

Epf contribution for employee rejoining (surrendered account

I have a new employee, he was previously employed with us in 2015 and was covered under EPF which he already surrendered after leaving us in 2015, and now since he has joined us today with 33,000 (BA+DA) and is above the ceiling limit, now I would like to know are were required to cover him under EPF since he was covered earlier with us (however the account has been surrendered in 2015 itself)?

In form 11, it ask's for earlier EPF membership details, which need to filled since he was member of EPF earlier, which will lead to linking of his UAN and employer will have to enroll him for the EPF membership. How to go about filling the Form 11, since he was our employee perviously when he was covered, we will not be able to accept false declaration.

Kindly, suggest! How should I proceed in his case, or is there any clarification or notification for the same.

Learning

3 Replies

abhishek   04 August 2017

Originally posted by : abhishek
I have a new employee, he was previously employed with us in 2015 and was covered under EPF which he already surrendered after leaving us in 2015, and now since he has joined us today with 33,000 (BA+DA) and is above the ceiling limit, now I would like to know are were required to cover him under EPF since he was covered earlier with us (however the account has been surrendered in 2015 itself)?

In form 11, it ask's for earlier EPF membership details, which need to filled since he was member of EPF earlier, which will lead to linking of his UAN and employer will have to enroll him for the EPF membership. How to go about filling the Form 11, since he was our employee perviously when he was covered, we will not be able to accept false declaration.

Kindly, suggest! How should I proceed in his case, or is there any clarification or notification for the same.

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 August 2017

Other than the form, what is the rule position?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 December 2017

what do you mean by surrender of accout.  Never heard so.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register