Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

debs (lawyer)     22 July 2009

Enquiry about PGDLPO

Dear all,

I am a fresher in the legal field and have been into litigation for last one year....I am keen to make career shift in LPO...I would like to know whether doing PGDLPO from IGNOU is actually a good idea...what is its market value?

I would thankfull if anyone could inform me....

Learning

1 Replies

Raman ( )     22 July 2009

Wasn't it launched only in Feb 2009? I have no clue about the certificate value but the content of the course seems to be promising as a career. 

https://www.ignouonline.ac.in/pgdlpo/events/PGDLPO_Brochure.pdf

But it all depends upon your interest whether you want to continue drafting 90% of your time, make pleadings ready and provide back-up support for litigation-related research etc ... I am sure English is the best weapon to shine out in this career. Also, you would be learning about foreign jurisdictions. Isn't that cool!

Frankly, the job is boring and monotonous as it may look like a clerical post. You will never be involved in any litigation directly. I am not degrading here the clerical post but being a lawyer you will be missing the real show. Of course ... salaries are paid high comparing to what the junior lawyers are earning now a days. 

Sorry for my lengthy explanation here, it was a mere coincidence that I was also reading the same topic when you posted your query!

Anyhow, the following are the ones presently being outsourced to India.

1. patent application drafting,
  2. legal research,
  3. pre-litigation documentation,
  4. advising clients,
  5. analyzing drafted documents,
  6. writing software licensing agreements
  7. drafting distribution agreement 

Any thing else ? Don't you think it has a very limited subject? Can someone shed some light on the Pros & Cons of LPO industry ? 

Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register