LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jakkireddysureshreddy (Education)     05 October 2015

Enjoying a land for the last 10 years

Respected Advocates,

I am enjoying an agricultural land of 1.0 Acre for the last 10 years.But the classification of this land is GRAMA KANTAM in telugu language in RSR (Resettlement Survey Register) of Britishers.So, when ever i go to the REVENUE DEPARTMENT and ask them to regularise my enjoyment and enter into the REVENUE registers , they say that it is GRAMA KANTAM in RSR and so my name cannot be entered.Now how to protect my land.Can i claim it through EASEMENT ACT else is there any other legal procedure through which i can fight for my rights and protect it from others.Please guide me .This is a challenging to me.Plz understand this is very urgnet.




 1 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     05 December 2015

Gramakantam lands do not have title.  You can be in the Possession but cannot alienate.  What the Revenue dept told is correct.  There is a way to solve your problem. Before that you have to clarify me some doubts. You better contact my email. This is a complicated issue.  The nomenclature “Gramakantam” is seen only in AP. And Tamilnadu and no where else.  Hence, only the local Advocates can solve your problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query