LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jai62   12 July 2022


Sir I purchased a plot in Chrompet chennai from a layout scheme. The adjacent plot was purchased by another person and it is not having the mentioned dimensions as per the sale deed. He forcefully put a compound wall 14 feet inside my land in spite of my objection on the spot during the construction activity. I had already applied for survey by Taluk office and it was pending at that time. Later i got the survey report and it confirms the encroachment. I tried to convince him and through mediators to  remove the wall but not accepting. I submitted an appeal to the commissioner of police and RDO and both are advising me to go to the court. Please advise the best possible way to retrieve my land from the politically connected neighbor. Thank you.


 5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 July 2022

Contact a local advocate, issue a registered legal notice to the encroacher, file a suit for ordering demolition, and recover the entire costs of litigation and demolishing charges from the neighbour.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 July 2022

You can file a petition for injunction order in the courts of law.

Jai62   14 July 2022

Thank you.


P. Venu (Advocate)     15 July 2022

Yes, only a Civil Court can settle the issue.

Swadha   08 August 2022

You cannot demolish his wall overnight and to get rid of the problem the only way out you have is to file a suit for demolition in the civil court vested with the jurisdiction in the matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query