LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kabir (Owner)     31 December 2013

Employment related

Can I work as a full time employee in a company while being an active director in my own venture?

I also hold 30% stake in this venture.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 December 2013

Usually it stated that employee shall not engage in any other venture.

You may go thru standing orders applicable to the establishment and extended to your designation/service and conduct rules or service codes and regulations/HR policy or whatever else it is termed as in your establishment and the establishment where you are seeking employment.

It is always better to avoid conflict on such matters and seek beforehand clearance.

sanjay kumar (BE/ LLM in Corporate Laws)     06 January 2014

There are no clear cut rules or acts regarding private employment in supervisory category. But generally, the rules framed for workmen serve as the thumb-rule for Supervisory category also but the supervisory category does not have any legal remedies available to it in case of breach of rules by the employers. Accordingly, the employment can be divided into two types-full time employment and part-time employment. In Full time employment ,a person has to devote 48 hours in a week for the job. Part time employment is generally considered as that which is required for less than 24 hours a week or 4 hours per day. As regards your query, you have to take up the matter with your employer whether they can offer you part-time employment and/or they will not have any objection if you work part-time for your own concern. In case of private employment, these conditions can be mutually agreed upon. However, in case of government employment, one cannot take any other job-full-time or private time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register