LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajesh_loka (n/a)     29 November 2007

Employment bond

In case of employment bond who can be ""Surety""  and can there be a tripartite agreement between employee, employer and surety on a stamp paper. 

Learning

3 Replies

narayan.belur@gmail.com (n/a)     30 November 2007

Hi,

My name is Narayan. Now i am working in a software company located in malaysia. Before that i was working in an organisation located in Bangalore. It was like, he will recruit us as trainee and for first 4-6 months he will not give salary, he'll give training and after that he'll start giving salary. In that company 
he took a bond from me for 2 years like if i leave in between, i should pay 2 lacs Rs.

But after some 4 months i left that company [i did'nt received a single salary also] and joined another company. So after around 1 year he is calling and asking money for leaving the company. My question is, Is it possible for him to take leagle action on me?

Shambasiv (n/a)     02 December 2007

Any person can be a surety. There is no restriction. Similarly, there can be a tripartite agreement involving the surety in the employment bond.

Regarding the other quetion, the employer can take legal action as he has provided you with the training.

tejaswinip (n/a)     15 December 2007

Sir, The Indian Constitution provides for certain fundamental rights and according to which one has the right to choose his profession or work.

And if there was an agreement in that regard and if you have left the company... well you were not a paid employee of that company but a mere trainee and he has violated the words of his agreement by not paying any salary to you... so you can sue him.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register