Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

avinash   11 November 2015

Employer suddenly giving cash salary with no payslip & no pf

Dear All,

I have been serving in a pvt firm for 4 years. company pays salary in cheque & provides payslip every month. They even deducts employees' share of Provident Fund & as it is contributory PF , they even deposit equivalent amount every month. Last month company suddenly asked its employees to take salary in cash & without payslip.They did not issue any notice.They are giving gross salary in cash & without payslip. They are not deducting employees' share of PF. I gave several e-mails to our accounts/administrative dept & all other departments.They have not replied till date.They are saying that they won't be able to give payslip.we took salary in cash after signing in a normal paper which contains name & gross salary details of all employees.What is the intention of the company?

Company did not pay Annual Bonus yet though it is mentioned in offer letter.

What can be done against them & how?

Learning

7 Replies

avinash   11 November 2015

I gave several e-mails to our accounts/administrative & all depts. asking our payslip but they have not replied any of my e-mails till date. They informed over phone that they won't be able to provide us payslip. It is upon my choice whether I shall take cash salary without payslip or not. If I don't accept salary in cash & without pay slip, they do not bother.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 November 2015

Take a copy of the voucher on which you have signed.The company has to provide salary slip duly signed by employer atleast a day before disbursement of wages. If you have sent emails from personal email then it is good or download copies for record.

If company has stopped deducting employee's share to PF and depositing with EPFO then it is offence.

Firm up your next venture ASAP.

avinash   13 November 2015

yes, I have kept those e-mails as documents.They have not replied yet.How can an action be taken ? If we inform labour court about the matter, how much time will the process take to get a solution? We know according to the nature of our work we can file a case in labour court. They have not paid even bonus yet though it is mentioned in our offer letter.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 November 2015

If it is statutory bonus and you are eligible and the bonus as per payment of Bonus Act is not paid by 30th Nov then employer can be penalized.

Deemand PF a/c slips of each year, ESIC Card,Form16 etc.

You may inquire at your own level how much time it takes in jurisdcitonal ALC/labor court in your case (state/central).

The employee's/tarde unions, labor Law Consultant can guide you further.

atul (ACB)     03 December 2015

((Minimum Wage (Central) Rules, 1950, Rule 26(4) and Minimum Wage (Central) Rules, 1950, Rule 26(3))

Ask for it verbally
follow it with written notice 
Copy to Director/CEO
Final, ask as to why should you not move the court - Civil 
IN all probability, right senses will prevail.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 December 2015

Approach Inspector appointed under: Payment of Wages Act (Sec;13A), Shops & Estbs Act

atul (ACB)     03 December 2015

((Minimum Wage (Central) Rules, 1950, Rule 26(4) and Minimum Wage (Central) Rules, 1950, Rule 26(3))

Ask for it verbally
follow it with written notice 
Copy to Director/CEO
Final, ask as to why should you not move the court - Civil 
In all probability, right senses will prevail.
If asked in writing, the company will ahve no answer
Criminal liability for not depositing PF, deduction in ESI
Pay slip.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register