LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sam (Manager)     07 May 2009

Employer Cheated on Salaries

I have been working with a BPO company in Bangalore since mid 2008. I joined this company assuming that with their kind of credentials (like STPI registration, ISO & other certifications, Pvt. Ltd. Company & one of the best infrastructures in the city) they are here to stay. But unfortunately, the company hasn’t paid full salary since October’2008. Rather they have paid only about 10% of what is due saying that this is a crunch & would end soon. The Directors always used to keep communicating off & on that they are arranging for the funds. In January beginning they asked all of the employees barring the accounts team & a few others to stay at home for a few days after which they would be called back to work, which never happened. Now since Mid April, they are just not reachable. Their trusted employees like the accountant say that they have no idea of the Director’s whereabouts, which definitely is a lie. We have even complained to the police station & they sent us back saying they cant do much about it & are in touch with the Director’s lawyer who is not in town & would inform the police as soon as he is in, who in turn would let us know. There already are a couple of complaints against the Director at the police station for the same reason. I would be grateful if I am told about my options.

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     07 May 2009

U issue a legal notice thru., an advocate even after receipt of notice company failed to pay ur full salary then u file a case against the co., in the Labour Court.

Thanks a lot Rajiv for your reply, need one clarification though. I have been told that Labor court would not handle my case as my salary package is 6 Lac p.a., besides I am employed as a Manager - which is a supervisory position. I know this information wasnt all that explicit in my previous posting. If you still say that I qualify to file a case with the labor court, I would be grateful if you could provide reference to this suggestion that you have made which clarifies the process a little more & informs about what I should expect & be prepared with before I approach the labor authorities/court. Thanks a lot.

Again I forgot to mention that the management here has been an expert at cheating people as this is not the first time they are doing this. So, would be pretty immune to any notices that are sent to them, I presume. By the way - is it absolutely necessary to send X number of notices before one approaches the courts. This matter has already been reported to the police - which I assume is as good as a notice & he has been evading coming in front & facing us (yes about 30 odd people have been victims to this filth). He is not even at his residence as employees have paid surprise visits there too. All his phones are switched off & his trusted employees i.e. the accountant & his lawyer deny having his new phone number. The police also hasn't been really helpful, rather they say we dont have a case when we talk to them about IPC 420. How long do such cases take normally & what is the cost involved? I look forward to your answer soon. Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register