LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj Chandrasekaran   20 April 2022

Emotional Distress caused by university

I am a first year student of a deemed university. The faculty members and the higher authorities have caused much emotional Distress to me.
How do I take action legally against the university, without jeopardizing my admission in the university?
I had also submitted a few affidavits and an undertaking form to the institute.


 2 Replies

shraddha Easwaran   22 April 2022

Dear querist,

The answer to your query is that if there is a valid issue behind your distress, and additionally, its solely because of the university, then you have the option to sue them. You will need some written proofs, and documents, with the help of which you can file a lawsuit.

Furthermore, the college cannot suspend or rusticate you on the sole basis of you filing a complaint. Only if the university has valid and applicable reasons, they can do that.

Hope the query is answered.



Shweta   25 April 2022

Hi Shraddha

Could you please elaborate? 


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register