LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit (manager)     28 June 2011

Emotional blackmail & threat

I had been repeatedly getting emails and sms message from a woman blackmailing me that if i do not marry her she will commit suicide.

When i did not respond to any of these she has started sending me threats that she will put a rape case and dowry case against me and my family and implicate my family members too.

How do i seek justice?


 3 Replies


sms and email messages? Both can be tracked!! You have solid proof of blackmail. Just to be on the safe side you could lodge a complaint with your local police station or cyber cell. (I am not a legal expert0

Sajeev Menon (Legal Consultant Dubai 00971 508836442)     28 June 2011


What Ms.Uma suggested is exactly right. You have to file an immediate complaint before the concerned police or syber cell to defend your side. If the lady commits suicide You will be in back foot to defent but still it will be tooo late may be after a jail remand. But you should be beware that if the msg if it contains regarding any of your previous exploitation then again you will be in trouble for another non bailable criminal charge. Think wisely because I dont understant why a lady run behind you to marry, if there is no previous relations, mentally or physically. Think wisely before any action.

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     29 June 2011



You post shows two sides of the story. On one hand the woman says she will commit suicide and on another hand she says she will put dowry case. How can it be possible for a woman who don't know you to put a dowry case or commit suicide? And I do not understand how you could be implicated in that case anyway?


As my intellect urges, it seems this woman is either your wife or may be your girl-friend. If such being the case, there must be emails and sms from your side also which is stopping you to lodge a complaint!!


Pls clarify if I'm write. May be if this is the case we can guide to take remedy in other legal ways.


Else, your post has already been answered.




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query