Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Against_all_odds (OTHER)     20 March 2015

Email accounts hacked. need help!!!

Hi Everyone,

Someone guessed my password and used to go through all my emails until today when I happened to check my login activity. I have tracked the person using IP address. I have also taken prints of all the login activity which can prove it was him.

I want to know is it a legal offence to access someone's personal email accounts without their knowledge and consent? If it is, how can I make a complaint against it and what are its repercussions?

Thanks in advance!

Learning

3 Replies

R.G. Singh (Intern)     20 March 2015

It's a crime to dishonestly use someone's password under section 66C of IT Act, 2000 with punishment upto three years and a fine of upto INR 1 L. 

You can find the nearest CyberCell from https://cybercrimecomplaints.com/cyber-crime-cells-india

Samal Kumar (ADVOCATE HIGH COURT OF KERALA)     21 March 2015

Accessing others email without their permission is certainly an offence punishable under tht IT Act. Pls contact nearest Cyber cell with the evidence you have with you. It is similar to other types of complaints only.

Nathaniel Peter (M.Sc (C.S))     05 November 2015

Can you PLEASE tell me how you caught the person who stole your password using IP address ? Even my email passwords were hacked when Quick Heal antivirus caught a strange malware called Grideon. When I searched google I found it is a  password recovery app and this was installed by some hacker remotely to steal my passwords.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register