LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Eligibility for govt.job

I was caught for travelling in luggage compartment without luggage pass in Mumbai local train.I was taken to RPF post present inside the Mumbai central railway station where I was made to write my name,fathers name,address etc on a document.I don't know what those documents are.There were also around 30 people along with me there.We have been told that we have to wait until the magistrate comes, to pay 200 rs fine,If we want to leave we may pay 500 rs and leave but will have to report the next day.I waited.After a few hours we were taken to the court of metropolitan magistrate court where magistrate asked us whether we admit the crime then told us to pay the fine.We paid the fine but RPF told us that we have to wait one more hour if we want to take receipt.So I didn't wait and left.Now I am applying for govt job where it is mentioned in the attestation form -" Have you ever been arrested?Yes/No (b) Have you ever been prosecuted?Yes/No (c) Have you ever been kept under detention?Yes/No (d) Have you ever been bound down? Yes/No (e) Have you ever been fined by a Court of Law? Yes/No (f) Have you ever been convicted by a Court of Law for any offence? - yes/no ".than details were asked below the form if the Ans to any of these question is yes.what should I do ,should I tick YES to any of the above questions?If yes,then what are the questions that i should tick yes?I think it is a "fine by court of law" but dont know whether it is an "arrest "or detention" or "bound down" or "prosecution" or "conviction" .If I do not tick yes will it be considered as concealment of information?

Learning

4 Replies

arpit shukla (,)     22 October 2016

Whatever fine you paid at court is a settlement fee and that does not create criminal offence , it's like traffic chalan, don't worry .

saravanan s (legal advisor)     23 October 2016

Nothing to worry.you don't need to mention it anywhere.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 October 2016

You have simply paid bribe and not fine

BlackMen   18 March 2017

I appreciated your work very thanks cccam server

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register