LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahadev   16 August 2016

Electricitybill_not paid

My father has a  home  in my home town in which one my cousin along with his wife and kids stay and we don't have a rent agreement between us. I have just discovered that he has not paid any electricity bills for the last 2 yrs. I have tried to use all means of making him understand politely but he has been just fooling me around for more than few months. Can you tell me what legal recourses i have.

a) Whether its a civil or criminal case.

b) Do i need to file a complaint in police or court.

c) Whether absence of rent agreement hamper me or weaken my case.

d) The house is big and there is another tenant who stays and he pays the bills on time ( There are 2 meters) .

e) The other tenant is truthhful and is on my side. Will it help.

f) Is it the best idea to file a complaint in police or lodge a case ? Please suggest any other options that i have.

Learning

1 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     16 August 2016

Generally a power supplier will disconnect power if the bill is not paid for a few months. How is it that he is able to enjoy power for 2 years without paying. You say that there are two meters. Does it mean that two separate connections from the electricity department? Are you paying the bills on behalf of your cousin?  If so, you stop paying and they will disconnect his electricity. If the connection is in your father's name, your father can write to the electricity department to disconnect electricity.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register