LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kulwinder singh (officer)     26 March 2012

Electric meter removal

I am an NRI and have recently discovered that my electricity meter has been removed and that a neighbour has put their own electricity meter where mine used to be. I am legal owner of the house and have all relevant paperwork relating to house ownership and meter. What action should I take? Should I report it to police or electricity board? Can I register F.I.R? Thank you for your time.

Learning

6 Replies

kameswarao S (Head HR)     27 March 2012

You should submit a written complain to Electricity board people and also to the police otherwise you will be at fault. The electricity board and police will initate further action.

Regards - kamesh

A. A. JOSE (LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER)     27 March 2012

Yes, you may move fast in filing  an F.I.R  and  also a complaint to the Electricity Company Officer concerned.

Narendra Malik (advocate)     27 March 2012

first of all approach electricity board and inquire about your connection, get details about bills ect. then only plan your action. I think your meter was installed out side of your premises isn't it ?

(Guest)

Furnish a  complaint through registered poat as well as personally written complaint to Electricity department.

Also produce a complaint application before Police & kept receiving.

After filling this proceedure use RTI application regarding taking Action by Electricity department.

kulwinder singh (officer)     28 March 2012

Yes meter is on outerwall. Thank you for your help.

(Guest)

Mr. Kulvinder if needs any further advice - aske freely on L.C.I.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register