Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj Agarwal (Chief Architect)     06 May 2014

Election reforms - need guidance on how to pick them up

Dear friends,

I live in Pune and have keenly observed Lok Sabha elections in 2004, 2009 and 2014.

During this time I observed some electoral changes that are needed (e.g. using totalizer so that booth level voting count is not known to the parties etc.) but do not have the knowledge of how to pursue this matter.

I will be obliged if I can get some guidance regarding following:

1. What is best way to pursue these issues?

2. Whether filing a PIL in court help?

3. If yes then should I file PIL in which court.

Thanks,

- Manoj Agarwal

Learning

8 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 May 2014

A Public Interest Litigation is the power given to the public by the court. A Public Interest Litigation (PIL) can be filed in any High Court or directly in the Supreme Court.. A PIL can be filed in the courts for any matters of public interest ranging from polluted environments to road safety or constructional hazards.

Manoj Agarwal (Chief Architect)     06 May 2014

Dear Mr. Ramachary,

Thank you for your these details. Can you please provide further guidance in this matter:

1. How does one decide whether to file PIL in High Court or Supreme Court?
2. Roughly speaking what is the cost involved for filing PIL in High Court and for filing in Supreme Court?
3. Once I file PIL then do I need to be physically present at the court hearings or can my lawyer represent me?
4. Do I need a lawyer to file the PIL or can I do it myself?

Thanks,
- Manoj

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 May 2014

You need a lawyer to file a PIL, so contact a high court lawyer at Mumbai and proceed with the proposed PIL.

Manoj Agarwal (Chief Architect)     09 May 2014

Thank you for your reply.

Other than lawyer fees- what are the costs involved in filing PIL in High Court? And what are costs for filing in Supreme Court?

Do you know any good layer who handles PILs?

Thanks!

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     10 May 2014

Reforms are part of life as long as Human beings exist reformist theory will go on and  Election reforms, every five year we will have elections so at the time of elections reformist Politicians, Political Philosophers, Political Scholars,  Jurist Advocates shout at roof top Elections Reforms once elections are over all of them shut their mouth. People memory is short lived that is an advantage to the Culprits and conviction rate of culprits have been very low in India.  Mighty Force Culprits have been Most Powerful they have been above law and Law has not been above them that has been  India.

Manoj Agarwal (Chief Architect)     12 May 2014

Dear Kolla,

I agree with you. I am from Maharashtra and assembly elections here and other states like Haryana are due later this year. So I am keen on picking these up and am looking for guidance as I have never filed a PIL before :)

Regards,
- Manoj

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     12 May 2014

You write to the Government of India what election reforms you want, send copies to all Political Parties and election commission of India . You select Advocate of your nearest place so that he will guide you and after one or two months you file PIL in the High Court or Supreme Court.  Contact: GLOBAL LEGAL SERVICES,  Eamil: globalleglservicesindia@gmil.com

Manoj Agarwal (Chief Architect)     12 May 2014

Dear Kolla,

Thank you. I will surely try out your suggestions.

Thanks!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register