LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shoeb Ahmad   09 April 2023

Election duty assignement in panchayat/ municipal elections of central govt psu employees

I wanted to know that , can a central govt PSU employee be assigned duty in Panchayat/ Municipal Elections conducted by State Election Commissions. Generally , duty in parliamentary/ state legislature election is given to central govt PSU employees which is conducted by Election Commission of India.


Read more at:


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 April 2023

The appointment of Presiding Officers and Polling Officers is done by the District Election Officer under the powers vested in him under section 26 of the Representation of the People Act, 1951.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     10 April 2023

I concur with learned expert Mr. T Kalaiselvan ji.

Shoeb Ahmad   10 April 2023

Representation of the People Act, 1951 is applicable to elections to Parliament and State Assemblies, right ?  Here the question is of Municipal and Panchayat elections.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 May 2023

consult the relevant statute.               

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register