Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay (pvt)     28 November 2013

Elect / appoint secretary reference 2013 amendment act

Sir,

I am Sanjay, Chairman of CHS at Mumbai. Our Secretary has resigned due to her health problem & could not handle society further.

Can we elect/appoint new secretary by normal election process, we want to elect/appoint one of existing committee member as our new Secretary.  (our MC Committee Term will end in 2017) ?

if yes how do we go ahead, please guide. You guidance is very important to us.

Thanks in advance.

Below is new amendment of State.

==================

The state has made amendments to its Maharashtra Co-operative Societies Act, 1960 and has issued a notification on February 14, 2013

The state government has stated that co-operative housing societies will no longer be able to elect their new office bearers on their own. All management committees and office bearers of co-operative housing societies whose term ended on March 31, 2013 cannot elect a new governing body on their own. Henceforth, elections of office bearers and the management committees of co-operative housing societies will be held by the State Co-operative Election Authority. This authority will conduct the elections to these societies by December 31, 2013.

==================

Learning

2 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     23 June 2014

I am unable to locate the above amendment. Can you say to which Section the above amendment pertains to? Or if it is new what is the new section number? In February 2013 it was only an ordinance. In July or August of the same year the amendments were passed by the assembly. Some amendments were accepted, some were modified and some were rejected by the assembly.

It appears to me that such an amendment as stated by you is impossible. There are tens of thousands of Societies in Maharashtra. Can the State Co-operative Election Authority hold elections for all of them? It will be a marathon task.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     23 June 2014

There is no such order as above to the best of my knowledge. I do not think that Maharashtra Government follows Mohammad-bin-Tuglak.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register