New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

m agarwal   07 July 2016

Educational Qualification Proof for DELAYED BIRTHCERTIFICATE

Dear Sir,

For Delayed Birth Certificate Registration (aged about 26 years)- Does Educational Qualification Proof like College Graduation Certificate required as supporting documents like Voter ID, Ration Card, Pan Card, Aadhar Card, CLASS 10 ADMIT CARD WITH D.O.B.
Do parents need to visit for applying the Delayed Registration of Birth or, I can apply without having parents along side? (For MAJOR)
On Appointment- Do they also call Parents ? (For MAJOR)
Waiting for the reply


 11 Replies

BN Dash   07 July 2016

Why you want to have a Birth Certificate at delayed date? When you have Matric certificate and other higher certificates.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 July 2016

O/o Registrar Births shall guide you with full procedure.

m agarwal   07 July 2016

Sir, I do not have Birth Certificate, I need to register a Birth Certificate for me as DOB which is stated in Voter ID, Aadhar, PAN, CLASS 10 etc. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 July 2016

DOB shall be as per birth certificate.

Certificate issued by O/o Registrar Births is authenticated document.

m agarwal   07 July 2016

Sir, Who will file an Affidavit as I am a Major (26yrs), Parents or Self? 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 July 2016

Your query is not clear.

If birth certificate is issued by O/o Registrar Births, it is an authenticated document.

So whay any affidavit is required?


As already posted visit O/o Registrar Births, and inquire.


The contact details might also be available on MC website.


m agarwal   07 July 2016

No sir it's not issued, I will apply as I don't have any

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 July 2016

Visit O/o Registrar Births, and inquire.

Birth certificate is asked by respective authority  for many purposes.

Sandhya Srinivas (Advocate & Legal consultant)     07 July 2016

DOB certificate is a very essential document. First and foremost you file an application before Registrar of Births and Deaths ( office situated at your Birth Place ) stating ur DOB as in ur present document to issue the same as DOB certificate is not issued to you. You have to enclose the list of documents which shows ur DOB, address proof and affidavit along with the said application.

If your DOB is not registered in their office. They will give you an endorsement of the same.

Then you have to file a petition under Births and Deaths Act before Magistrate court and after formal procedure, Magistrate will direct the Reg of Births and deaths to issue Birth Certificate to you. 

There is no need of your parents presence before authorities, being Major you can appear in person.

Parents role only in case of issuance of DOB certificate to minor.

m agarwal   08 July 2016

Thanks a lot Adv. Sandhya Srinivas  mam, your advice has helped me with thorough understanding of the process. 

Sandhya Srinivas (Advocate & Legal consultant)     12 July 2016

Welcome Agarwalji. All the best.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register