LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr Ravi.Talwar (Doctor )     26 February 2012

Educational bond making me highly educated unemployed guy.

I passed my postgraduation in master of dental surgery from Nair Hospital Dental College in the year 2012. before taking seat, I was made to sign educational bond to serve goverment hospital for a period of 1 year or pay Rs 5 lakhs to break bond. Now as i have cleared my MDS exam and i am unable to pay Rs 5 Lakhs to break bond nor college authorites are giving me any posting (serive). They have held all my certificates with them. now iam highly educated unemployed guy nor i have Rs 5 lakhs to break bond and there is no job in institution. As they have all my certificates with them. I am unable to work and college authorites are not ready to tell for how long they are going to keep certificates with them. Kindly help in this regard.

Thanking you

Dr Ravi Talwar MDS

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 February 2012

It shall be appropriate to show the educational bond to a competent and experienced lawyer and understand the nuances of the terms and conditions expressed in the document signed by you, and you are able to get a carefully drafted representation.

If possible you may post the copy in the forum, thus you shall have the benefit of getting advice from learned experts/members. You may delete the names etc to maintain the confidentiality.

What is the date from which the one year of bond shall be counted e.g. from the date you have cleared/passed the exam, or from the date you are offered a job or from the date you are issued the offer letter or from the date you shall join the duties? Is there any time period expressed in the bond within which you shall be issued job offer after passing the exam? Who has sponsored your course and who shall make job offer? Are you still required to clear any interview for the job or these conditions shall be waived off in your case and direct offer/appointment letter shall be issued? Is it expressed in the bond that you shall be free to work and earn your livelihood till you are offered a job to serve in a govt. hospital? Is it expressed in the bond that you shall be required to submit your pass out certificates as an indemnity with the establishment? Has the establishment issued any acknowledgment that it is retaining your certificates? Is it expressed in the bond that in the interim period till you are employed by the establishment some subsistence allowance shall be paid to you?

On the other hand clock should start ticking from the date certificate of passing the exam is received and retained by the establishment.

It is felt that you should express yourself and facts to the controlling authority under acknowledgment, and conclude that your testimonials should be returned to you so that you can earn your livelihood and you shall come back to the establishment when a job offer letter is supplied to you, or a job offer letter should be supplied to you say within 7 days. You may also maintain that the period of one year has started from the day you have cleared your exam or you have tendered your pass out certificate to the establishment.

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

SURESH GODBOLE (ADVOCATE)     29 February 2012

This Govt Hospital job  must be internship and not regular appointment or service at nominal reimbursement

Pl explain

What is not available in Institution or in Govt Hospital

Get clarification

If you are ready , why they are not offering

Breaking of Bond means if you are not ready to perform as agreed

but if you are ready there is no question  of breaking of bonds

how can they withhold your certificates when you are not at fault

pl explain

we will chalk out a course of action

simple logic has to be applied , not much

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies