Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajeet   31 December 2015

Education loan default and want another loan

Hi All,

I have taken an educational loan of rs.2.14(12.50%) lakh in 2008 from sarva haryana gramin bank form rewari and its repayment suppose to start from 2012 hat is 1 year after the completetion of my graduation but i have not paid a single pie against it because of less salaried job(8000/month) which i have done only for 8 months and started preparing for government bank jobs from august 2013.

My father was the coapplicant but there is no security against the loan as my father is a private advocate works under PP(public procecutor) and he and my mother left rewari in 2010 only. Honestly, we have not communicated with the bank for a single time for any extra holiday period or anything else, it also because i was not able to pay.

Now, I have been selected in Bank Of Baroda as Assistant Manager but after the Post Graduate Diploma in Banking And Finance which cost around 3.5 lacs after the completion of this program i will be susequently appointed as Assistant Manager in Bank Of Baroda.

For the joining bank ask me to make an afadavit that i do not have any previous education loan, so can i hide my previous loan for 1 year only because i dont want any hurdle as of now. And will start repaying both the loan(principle+interest) by resheduling the previous one.

I have also checked my and my father NAME/PAN/DOB in cibil records but the same has not been found out there.

CAN I PROCEED ? CAN I MAKE AN AFFADAVIT STATTING THAT I DONT HAVE ANY LOAN ? CAN IT GENERATE AN ISSUE ? CAN IT HAMPER MY CAREER..BUT I WILL SURELY START MY REPAYMENT OF BOTH THE LOANS FROM FEBRUARY,2017 BY CINSULTING THE BANK AND RESHEDULING THE EMI...?

MY JOINING ON 9TH JANUARY 2016

Learning

1 Replies

siddhartha sinha   31 December 2015

This is not a legal question. It will be advisable to inform the previous lender and proceed. But technically the loan is now a "doubtful" asset and bank is hardly going to accede to your request. They will ask for full payment now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register