Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

G PRAKASH (CONSULTANT)     21 August 2011

Education loan

Dear All,

My nephew applied Education loan at ING VYSYA BANK, KALINJUR BRANCH, VELLORE - 632 006 on 09.09.2009, but still he has not got the loan.  While  we ask them they intimated us it will get soon.  Last two week back they told us that, they can give only final year fees as education loan & since, the last two years are over they can't give for that period.

I've sent complaints to their nodal officer itself.  But no response from them.  Last 3 days back i've sent a complaint to banking ombudsman.  What shall i do further for getting loan.

Thanks and regards,

G. Prakash.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 August 2011

From your post it appears that:

-Bank has been sitting on the loan application for 22 months, since the date of submission of loan application i.e. 09.90.2009.

-Your transactions with the bank have been verbal. These should have been in writing by letter, under acknowledgment.

-Now you have sent a written complaint to Nodal officer, to which you have not received a reply. The official at the position of Nodal officer in Govt. or Private establishments forwards the representations for a legal opinion and after the legal opinion sends a carefully worded reply to the complainant. So you can construe that the nodal officer either has decided not to reply or is awaiting legal opinion.

It is felt that you can submit a written representation   to the chairman of the bank, mentioning date of each representation by the applicant in person on phone, in writing, and name and designation of the bank official who received the representation, and ask for the reply of the bank in writing alongwith bank rules/policies, RBI guidelines on student loan, and bank manual. You can see these on your own also at bank and RBI website and you can demand bank manual from BM of the bank. Bank is ought to make a proper note of heavy delay caused. Higher management of the bank has all the reasons to suspect foul play like coercion, corruption etc, and shall investigate, although they may not like to share their finding or make them public.

You must have the copy of your loan application. Bank is under obligation to supply free of cost, the certified copy of loan application alongwith supporting documents obtained by bank. You must apply for the same with BM in writing under acknowledgment.

Although delay has been caused, bank’s response seems to be somewhat right since only last year of the course is left. You must have managed the previous years with your resources. Have you taken loan from another bank? If yes what is the repayment history? Bank can ask you to update the loan application and shall conduct investigation as per their processes before granting any amount of loan.

Learned expert and member of LCI Mr. Parthasarathi Loganathan, has been helping the forum members with his clear knowledge and understanding of bank processes and systems.

Valuable advice of Mr. Parthasarthi and learned experts and members of LCI is sought.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register