LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

d. (n.a)     09 July 2022

Edli death benefit to employee's family

This matter is such lenghty but must for understanding my query.I have query regarding to EDLI scheme.my father was service in a cooperative bank for 30 years.out of 30 years he service 18 years service as a genral manager. He was contributing in EPF for 30 years. In 2003 he had griveous accidente. and totally bed rest for 10 month so Bank take negative benefit for absence of my father and wrongly false charges on my father.My father was not agreed with Bank management's wrong things which bad effect to bank. THUS bank management have EGO personal issue so BANK MANAGEMENT terminate my father from job in July -2004. Case matter was pending in court and judicial authoritis case on going not any decision or allegation Proven on my father in his presence or after his death till date not guilty in any charges which bank wrongly allegation not any conclusion. Registrar of state cooperative bank society Partly opinion like interim command to bank management for not to be hindrance to doing duty to my father. But Bank management not allowed to duty and make false charges. In my father's service time Bank given a loan to his regular customer and Bank management charges on my father for that customer not repaid his loan so bank joined my father in case with default borrower customer and bank statement that you (means my father) have to responsible for this. Why my father was responsible for this? he was doing his duty work and job for the bank. Bank Management filed criminal and civil cases file against my father without any enquiry or investigation not as per RBI guidelines or cooperative society guidelines or natural justice guidelines. Bank management direct terminate by sending one letter and before bank management send one show cause notice. Between 2005 my father was died is previous heart attack. My father was said terminated in July 2004 and died in June 2005 not complete a one year. EPFO replye that your father was not in service at that time he was death away from service so you n your family members not eligible for edli insurance amount. What about my father was service for his lifetime 30 years? A one year not also at least completed from terminate to his death. 10 ton11 month he away from service and not getting salary for that time. As per my knowledge its not fair. So what is our fault as a family member? Was about my father's full lifetime service and duty for the bank so why Epfo not give us Edli benefits? Can we liable to getting edli insurance amount with all benefits from 2005. Because my father was terminate and he was not proven guilty in any case and charges which bank management wrongly charges for harassment to my father so badly. We want ESLI benefits insurance amount with interest from 2005 so please give us any direction and details for how we can claim that ? And on which base we claim that? In EDLI scheme any specific this type of matter describe? We need full and give a give us a way for we getting Justice. Cause at that time of my father's death I was minor and in our family no anyone have knowledge of this.

So please be needful for getting us our right and justice.

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 July 2022

Sad story and harassment of top officials was not strange and most successful women faced.  Several facts must be studied like terminating without inquiry, hearing the accused, and the appeal process, and apparently, it appears that principles of natural justice were overlooked/violated.  So your duty is to contact an expert advocate and get exoneration on such charges through proper HC order and seek compensation for harassment etc.  It is difficult to deal with EPF and they are helpless.  If it is a state-owned Co-op bank and within the ambit of RTI, get all documents like the charge sheet, and process followed from the date of the charge sheet to the final termination.

d. (n.a)     09 July 2022

Mannerly Thank you sir for your reply. I will getting help from legal advocate regarding to termination. But I have now at this current time query for my father's EDLI insurance amount and other all death benefits with interest if any from 2005. why EPFO not give us EDLI and etc amount? Recently I register grivance and get reply from EPFO that,"your father was left his service and death away from service. SO your family not eligible for getting EDLI scheme".First of all my father never left his service. He was terminated wrongly without inquiry and inspection and without approval from Registrar of co operative bank society and without rbi. My father was CEO of said co operative bank. So without prior approval and inquiry not terminate my father and after all charges are fake and wrong all of this only for ego and arrogance of bank's MD at that time. MD signed said terminate letter which send to my father. Not chairman or other directors signature in said termination letter.My father was service continuously for 30 years so what about 30 years whole life service ? EPFO ,EDLI or Ministry of L & E does not take into consideration the fact that my father was worked his whole life with hard day and night, overtime work with extreme devotion for service & duty and EPFO or EDLI rigid on statement and stubborn to the point that only on base of 10-11 month which my father away from service so his family not eligible. actually reson for termination or away from service are wrongly and politically ego problem of bank management. not any fault and allegation proven & conclusion by court or registrar not guilt in my father's presents or after till today. In EDLI scheme clearly mention that this type of case or rules that deceased members familys are not getting insurance amount if any? 

In EPFO & EDLI has any rules or judgement by court and other legal body make decisions order to pay EDLI with all benefits and all other benefits which actual matter as our ? Can we liable and any way for getting EDLI amount with bonus and if any interest for delay and others as per rules ? In any special case and compassionate or appreciation or past service record higer authority of EPFO OR MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT can release EDLI with all benefits ? 

I have some questions so please give me proper guidance for I proceed in that way which you direct or advice to me. 

So Tell me about that how we getting EDLI related all amount from EPFO ,EDLI ?

With respect,

Thank you again 

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 July 2022

Please post simple facts avoiding subjective and personal opinions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register