Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nikhil (director)     21 May 2013

E mail under section 91 cr pc

I AM AN EDUCATION CONSULTANT BASED IN GURGAON
FEW DAYS BACK I GOT E-MAIL FROM CHENNAI CYBER CELL BRANCH, I THOUGHT IT A SPAM AS IT ASKED FOR LOG IN DETAILS OF MY ACCOUNTS. FOLLOWING ARE DETAILS OF MAIL

----------------------------------------------------------------------
POLICE DEPARTMENT
Under Section 91 Cr.P.C.
Sub: India - Tamil Nadu – Chennai Police – Central Crime Branch – Cyber Crime Cell – Furnish the log details of user id – Reg.

I am enquiring the case mentioned in the above reference in which the details of the e.mail ids.........
is needed for enquiry. Hence it is requested to furnish the following details of the above said e-mail id for further enquiry.

1. Log in and log out details of the above mentioned e-mail ids. (IP addresses with date and time) from available date to till date

2. Profile of the email- account holder.

3. All other relevant details.

4.If secondary email id is available kindly furnish the log in log out details from the date of creation.

5.Kindly furnish the facebook account or any other social network details.

Treat this as most urgent.

-------------------------------------

THEN I GOT A CALL FROM LOCAL POLICE STATION ASKING TO COME FOR QUERY, THEY SAID YOU PLEASE COME THEN WE WILL TELL .

COULD SOME ONE PLEASE ADVICE WHAT SHOULD I DO.

I DO NOT KNOW WHY I GOT THIS MAIL FROM CHENNAI .. AS I AM IN GURGAON..AND I HAVE NEVER DEALT THERE IN CHENNAI

THE E MAILS DETAILS THEY WANT TO GET.... ARE NOT MINE..I DO NOT USE THEM. HOW CAN I GIVE DETAILS.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

SHOULD I HIRE A LAWYER , WILL HE HELP ME AND HOW MUCH WOULD A LAWYER CHARGE.. AS I HAVE NO IDEA AS NEVER DEALT WITH ANY CASE LIKE THIS.

I KNOW I HAVE NOT DONE ANY THING WRONG, BUT AS THESE ARE LEGAL THINGS SO FEELING NERVOUS...
PLEASE SOME ONE ADVICE

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     21 May 2013

Infact there is no need of hiring a lawyer. Go to the commissioner of Police office/S.P. office with all the printouts of the emails and soft copies. They will help you.  No need to worry.  Cent percent this is a fraud email. 

(Guest)

@Querist,

1.Reg. might be a user_id  for a person who might have worked  in your consultancy.Therefore,the details of the persons IT activity is sought by the police.

2.You just coooperate with the police in their investigation.But you don't worry,you are not going to be trapped in legal hastle as you are no way involved in any of the crime(your self confession).

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register