FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nadira (none)     24 February 2013

Dv n 498case

HI all,

ours is a 5 yr span marriage ..hav a minor daug..frm d beginning my husband n inlaws were troubling me .They blong to those section of people in society who r very kunjus..n in d nam of religion dey r cheatng people just 2 fill there bank acc..n savng their oun money..dey didnt brought a single piece of jewellery 4 me at d tim of marrige ..no wedding cards for marriage..very simple kinda marriage frm their side ..ours side all was done normally ..bt still they  were xpectng  large sum n dowry frm us..dey started troubng me ..by not lettng me eat food, makng me cook  one sam food  everyday..restriction on normal daily act lik bathng, washng clothes etc.husband use to beat me up for simple issues,,just 2 mnths after my marri...my FIL told my dad dat tak ur daugh...at hom 4 a yr n durng dis tim she is nt suppose 2 talk or contact my son ..reason he gav was punishment 4 nt bringn enough dowry..they did this type of pun...many times.....mom in law mde me clean the toilet everytime she went into it ..she use to spit on my hand if she doent lik d food ..hubnd n inlaws alwayzz threatening me for talaq ..doing second marriage..etc dey didnt even paid ne attention for d newly born daughter..were nt happy my inlaws even tried to send my husband abroad to get rid of me n my daughter..my husband use to throw me frm his bik even for silly issues..use to abuse me harass me . my father in law always told me dat if u want to stay in our house u hav to get used to my son's bad wayzz..beatng, verbal lang.etc..he threatened me that my son's if provoked can kill u as dis thing is in our blood..d unborn feotus also..all dis bhaviour of theirs me n my parents tolerated just 2 make a home n thinkng that one day nt if my inlaws bt my husband will mprove bt i wasproved wrong .. my father in law also said that even if i was rite in my way u hav to do as my son says..the whole family has no respect 4 women..n they think that is ok ...in terms of religions also..beatng dem , abusing dem etc..every morning wen i use to make breakfast for my  husband ..he use to leave that on d table itself..dat n many things worried me..dere is much more ..i kept sileent 2 sav my hom bt all in vain...

to tpo it up he claims ihe has givewn me talaq oraally ..case of talaq is pending...its a yr now ..he recently got married so i filed dv n 498..
my query is  my DV complain is s lik this ..what can he face?can his marri...b proved illeagal as per indian laws..


 6 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     24 February 2013

Please remember you are not writing sms..

Since you are muslim he is not chargable with bigamy.What relef you have asked for in DV?


:-( :-( :-(


@Ramachary sir

Kindly quote the complete rule:

498-A. Husband or relative of husband of a woman subjecting her to cruelty -Whoever, being the husband or the relative of the husband of woman, subjects such woman to cruelty shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years and shall also be liable to fine.
Explanation  For the purpose of this section, "Cruelty" means -
a) any wilful conduct which is of such a nature as is likely to drive the woman to commit suicide or to cause grave injury or danger to life, limb or health (whether mental or physical) of the woman; or
b) harassment of the woman where such

meet any unlawful demand for any property or valuable security or is on account of failure by her or any person related to her to meet such demand.

cm jain sir (ccc)     24 February 2013

It seems you are a sms and chating expert. write the full text to make it readable.

nadira (none)     25 February 2013


hmmmm ok.....i have claimed ahouse, financial support for myself and daughter and compensation for causing me mental and physical harassment in my DV case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query