LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manish arora (SSE)     03 September 2014

Dv jurdication

In MY Dir Report all incident belong to my house ghaziabad and wife is from delhi ,also her job in delhi , i never stay in delhi ,Is delhi court have any jurdication for DV case or 498a


 12 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 September 2014

Although information is incomplete and vague yet in the given circumstances your wife can lodge both the complaints/cases in Delhi also.

manish arora (SSE)     03 September 2014

CAW Counselling for 498a also going with DV case,No Way to stop her on basis of jurdiction issue in delhi

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     03 September 2014

According to Sec 27 (1)(a) she can file if she is residing at Delhi.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     04 September 2014

Jurisdiction of sec.498-A IPC  will be at Ghaziabad whereas DV case can be tried either at DELHI or at GHAZIABAD.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     04 September 2014

Jurisdiction of sec.498-A IPC  will be at Ghaziabad whereas DV case can be tried either at DELHI or at GHAZIABAD.

manish arora (SSE)     07 September 2014

How can i stop CAW proceeding in delhi and start 498 ipc in ghaziabad

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 September 2014

Both the cases can be heard at Delhi itself, she is residing at Delhi, though she suffered the cruelties at Gazhiabad, the complaint lodged at Delhi is well within the jurisdiction/law.  Better challenge the same properly if you are confident that she has foisted false cases against you.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     07 September 2014

Engage one prudent lawyer at Delhi to serve your purpose.

manish arora (SSE)     07 September 2014

Who is best lawyer for these cases in karkardooma

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     08 September 2014

You are to find it out yourself, there is no dearth  advocates in Delhi and the advocates practicing in Delhi (as well as their client) has no alternative but to move around and all the Courts in Delhi. Therefore, your choice to select suitable advocate is not restricted to  the advocate(s) practicing in Karkardoma  courts only. You may contact and engage advocate of your choice from any part of Delhi. 


Jurisdiction can always be contested in all marriage related cases since law is not fool proof..


Giving advice and actually fighting the case is always different.


So you need  best lawyer but best  lawyer will need best client so there always be mismatch.


Try to cooperate with our advocate properly so that he / she can work with confidence.

Rk   07 September 2017

Manish u can select a lawyer based on his prior experience relevant to domestic violence and 498a cases. My ex had also enjoyed a lot by filing cases in J&K as if she was employed there and I was employed in NCR. Don't feel estrangled as u urself can be the best lawyer. Feel free to contact me. Take care RK 9871077866

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query