Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KAMINI   20 April 2017

Dv case running in another city

Dear Experts,

Please guide me, I had filed a DV CASE in 2009, which was stayed by High Court in 2010, after so many years the case has restarted after the High Court vacated the stay.

I had remarried after my divorce in 2011, and now the situation is I reside in Bangalore with my present husband , and the DV Case has restarted in Madurai.Both the cities are of different state, and my ex-husband does not reside in either of the cities.
Now I would like to know what is my duty, do I have to inform the court of my relocation and remariage, or I have to keep quiet and let the case run, will it amount to any offence on my part ?

Learning

6 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 April 2017

You can request the trial court to close the matter.

Sachin (N.A)     20 April 2017

When you are already remarried what is the purpose of filing the case?

Now you are not entitled for maintenance or any other relief. Better to withdraw the case.

In  case you do not disclose your  second marriage in court. It will be a serious offence.

Best option is to withdraw your case.

A walk alone (-)     20 April 2017

You should withdraw your case.

Mukesh sharma (job )     21 April 2017

Hello kamni now as other respected member suggest you for close your case is best option for you , coz if you already married to another person and you living your life with other person and aother city than why you want to continue to run your case so its best for you and close case go in court and give appliation for i could not want to go long with my case so plz close my case and i already married and not contonue this.... so court will stop your case

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register