LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Dv case after one year of divorce petition

If wife files DV case and 498 after one year of filling divorce petition, can police or court deny filling such case as case is already going on in the court and new tricks are used by the petitioner. 


 3 Replies

Kanchan Madan (NA)     04 January 2014

We had filed Judicial Separation in April 2011..My DIL filed DV case inMay2012 and in Women Cell also inApril 2012. The cases  are still going on.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     04 January 2014

To give appropriate and lawful opinion I NEED TO GO THROUGH the contents of DV petition.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 January 2014

Legally the police can register the complaint and issue FIR if prima facie case is made out, practically they do not register them especially at the instance of a impending divorce case before the court, but you cannot question the action of police in this regard.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register