Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Kumar (Asst. Manager)     19 November 2013

Dv and dowry case filed an year ago

Hi All,

request you to pls help me understand few things.

I stay and work in southern india. And my parents in north. I got married in February 2012.but the relation between me and my wife were never stable and I am still not sure what her issue or concern was but she started going to her hometown and every time she went she back and created a scene and fighting. We were hardly together for a month. 

She filed a Domestic violence and dowry case on me n my parents and my sis.

1. I have never harrased her or her parents or ever asked anything. Infact given every thing I could. How can the court accept the cases without any evidence.

2.my parents don't stay with me they visited us twice while she was here and Infact my parents u to ask me to take care of properly. And my sister never came to my place after marriage. How can file the case on them.

3 the case was filed 2012 December and I appeared before the court and was in remand for 6 days. Now after almost after an year a summon goes to my parents. There name was not in the case.

This case is completely false and I do not want this harreshment for my parents. They are old and unwell.

pls advise what should I be doing. 

Learning

4 Replies

fighting for my brother (HR)     19 November 2013

Even we dont understand , what happening these girls....it looks like she wants money...be calm..dont scarevsuch female. Read other oost u will know more about such cases,

Rajaramana RV (Employee)     19 November 2013

Dear Raj,

It is really sad that this is happening in our country but the good part is that forums like these are helpful to people.

Coming to your query, I suggest first hire a good lawyer and also ensure that you and your family attends court on every date and every summon. Is this summon for chargesheet for your parents? Have you also got summons? Sit down with your lawyer and discuss all points. There is nothing other than either trying for settlement or fighting the case.

Keep on giving updates of your case so you can be guided properly.

Rajesh Kumar (Asst. Manager)     19 November 2013

I haven't seen the summon that my parents rcvd as they do not with me they live in Bihar. My dad was scared as to what it is so he did not take the summon as it was not addressed to his official name. I have not rcvd a summon yet most probably reason being I stay in rented house and I moved to a different flat like 9 months ago. So thats another reason for worry. I spoke to my lawyer abt making the address change and he told me not to worry. I tried settling the matter outside but they want 15 lacs. I work in a company n ny dad is getting retired next month I dont have that kind of money.

(Guest)

If you have not committed any act of domestic violence, then no need to worry.  You fight out the case till the end, eventually you will come out clean, based on which you will get divorce as filing false case against you amounts to cruelty.

Secondly, in doing so, you will lose nearly 5-6 years time, as DV case wont get over so easily. What you can do is, if they are asking 15 lacs, bargain and pay them lesser amount and ask them to take the case back and file for MCD.  That is the best way out of all this headache.  If you dont want to pay them single penny also, then fight out the case.

Good luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register