LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAJU............ (Business)     24 August 2013

Dv act

Can u/s 29 of DV act 2005 relief can be given to the children in terms of money.

Learning

8 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     24 August 2013

It can be done under sec 12 and the magistrate will grant the relief under sec 20 of DV act.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     24 August 2013

section 29 is regarding appeal and not relief

(Guest)

can anyone tell me wat actually DV act is?

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     01 September 2013

@ Author,

. In an Complaint directly filed before magistrate Court using S. 12 of The Act, 2005, citing S. 2 (B) of The Act, 2005 'monetary relief'  is prayed under S. 20 (2) of The Act, 2005 as well as compensation under S. 22 of The Act, 2005 for the mental torture and emotional distress the minor has gone through and Complaint is filled under natural guardian (mother) for behalf of the minor child. 

@ needadviceon498a

Simply put here;
DV Act, 2005 primarily meant to provide protection to the wife or female live-in partner from domestic violence at the hands of the husband or male live-in partner or his relatives, the law also extends its protection to women living in a household such as sisters, widows or mothers. Domestic violence under the Act includes actual abuse or the threat of abuse whether physical, s*xual, verbal, emotional or economic Harassment by way of unlawful dowry demands to the woman or her relatives would also be covered under this definition.

Suggest to study good debates here in LCI under Family Law Forum on DV Act, 2005 to know more about The Act, 2005.

(Guest)

A domestic relationship has to be existed between wife and husband.  498a wife only stayed with me and my mother for few hours after marriage. Later i had to stay with her in her house for 30 days. After that things gone sour. Could you please tell me DV act in this situation. 

stanley (Freedom)     02 September 2013

Originally posted by : needadviceon498a

A domestic relationship has to be existed between wife and husband.  498a wife only stayed with me and my mother for few hours after marriage. Later i had to stay with her in her house for 30 days. After that things gone sour. Could you please tell me DV act in this situation. 

Even if she has stayed for 2 hours with you Dv act is applicable . You dont have to bother much about this act since normally in most of the cases all false allegations are laid out . And what ever false allegations they have stated has to be proved in the court of law . 

TO tell you about the DV act we would have to know about the false allegations she has filed and what are the reliefs she has asked for under this act ;)

NRI Legal Consulting (Consultant)     02 September 2013

Dear Sir,

The Act provides for the woman’s right to reside in the matrimonial or shared household, whether or not she has any title or rights in the household. This right is secured by a residence order, which is passed by a court. These residence orders cannot be passed against anyone who is a woman.

(Guest)

My 498a did her best to abuse my family. I dont think anyone can use that language. We have proofs for that.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register