Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Duties of counsellors?

hello experts

what are the duties of the counsellors?

settlement /compromise?

in my divorce case the counsellors tied up with expartee.he was not talking about reunion of couples at the first step just keep on talking about the settlement.with out asking my opnion so i got a doubt about him,  and i said i want next date to think about the matter without speaking any thing.i dont want to live with my husband my H is not ready to give my sridhan.498a and dvc  are pending(my hand is half burnt  and   tried to kill me by giving me domestic acid content phenol)should i go for settlement?

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

First Husband should perform his duty to towards wife. Likewise Wife should perform her duties towards husband. If both were to perform their duties with love and affection, then there was no need of you both approaching a counsellor. When you both have failed at your respective duties, then how can you expect some 4th party like counsellor to perform his duties??? Best way is agree for settlement or else simply you keep running to court hall to no end.

Forget my advice or somebody else's advice.

Which one do you feel is good, roaming to court halls for next 6-7 years or parting ways peacefully now???

Choice is yours!

2 Like

Navaneetha Krishnan (engineer)     06 March 2014

Hi,

Can counsellors really talk about settlement.I am not really understanding here.Will they bring the amicable settlement between both the parties if both of them want to separate in a short lived unconsummated marriage?.Will they get something in a stamp paper or something if settlement arises or how does it work....

rising up again (FFF)     07 March 2014

I believe... when husband and wife are in a situation of a divorce, their EGO's don't let them sit and discuss their problems..  supporters from their respective families and friends keep pushing them to be strong and fight it hard etc etc etc...making it practically impossible for the them to actually sit and sort things out.

The counsellor is just an opportunity for both sides to meet and discuss their opinions....  and many a times, these talks Or even grudges help the husband and wife to understand each others point of view and an amicable solution can be arrived. this might not help always but its on the expertise of the counsellor to handle this situation smartly and try sorting things out. 

Navaneetha Krishnan (engineer)     07 March 2014

Hi rising up again thnks a lot for the reply but you failed to answer my question my question was will the counsellors play the role of judge here if both parties wants to separate and arrive at amicable solution for separation in the interests of both parties I am hearing frm many lawyers that if they find that there is no question of recouncillation after couple of counseling sessions they does that

Navaneetha Krishnan (engineer)     07 March 2014

Hi rising up again thnks a lot for the reply but you failed to answer my question my question was will the counsellors play the role of judge here if both parties wants to separate and arrive at amicable solution for separation in the interests of both parties I am hearing frm many lawyers that if they find that there is no question of recouncillation after couple of counseling sessions they does that

fighting back (exec)     07 March 2014

perfectly advised by helping hand

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register