LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shiva   09 October 2017

Duplicate Sale Deed

I recently purchased a property from a builder. It's a construction completed property and hence there's no construction agreement and the whole property was registered. The builder had made a duplicate of sale deed on ₹20 stamp paper. He handed over the Original sale deed. But he retained the duplicate one with him. When I asked him to hand over that too, he said he gets to retain the duplicate Sale deed of all properties registered as per advice of his legal advisors and even showed the duplicate copy saledeed of few of the properties in same apartment complex. Is this okay? Can I or Should I demand and get the copy deed too? Does the builder have any right to retain the copy deed with him?

Learning

8 Replies

manoj   10 October 2017

there is no problem. if you are not giving the duplicate sale deed he can get Certified Copy of sale deed from Register Office which is registered in your favor

manoj

advocate

Adv Shamsher S. Rana   10 October 2017

hw can ontain certified copies from the Sub RegistrarOffice
1 Like

manoj   10 October 2017

when ever any sale deed is registered in the register office, the said document will come under public document. the original document is private document. if any one want that sale deed they can apply in the register office by paying charges to the register office , they can obtian certified copy of that document. the document which is registered in the register office is a public document

manoj

advocate

manoj   10 October 2017

when ever any sale deed is registered in the register office, the said document will come under public document. the original document is private document. if any one want that sale deed they can apply in the register office by paying charges to the register office , they can obtian certified copy of that document. the document which is registered in the register office is a public document

manoj

advocate

manoj   10 October 2017

manoj

advocate

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 October 2017

Yes, there need not be any problem the builder cannot take advantage of the duplicate copy of the sale deed.

Registerexperts (company registeration)     11 October 2017

hw can ontain certified copies from the Sub RegistrarOffice 

manoj   11 October 2017

by paying challan to registrar office you can obtain certified copy of registered sale deed.

manoj

advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register