LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Free Thinker (Human Resources)     07 June 2011

Duplicate Marriage Certifacate

We have a marriage certificate which was destroyed by our dog while we were moving houses. We are NRI's and approached the embassy here but they said since we were court married in India, we have to do it back there. We dont know the procedure so are looking for some advice on this.

We both reside in mumbai, maharashtra and were married at the local bandra courts. Your help is much appreciated.


 6 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     07 June 2011

@ Author

You won't get "Duplicate" Marriage Certificate but will be able to get true certified copy of the copy of the original which is in the record of the Marriage officer / registrar at Bandra Courts where it was first made. Now you may call it duplicate or not it hardly matters but its validity for any and all official purpose is same as the "original marriage registration certificate". Kindly note, the words duplicate may not appear on the top of the marriage certificate now issued to you but it will be confirmed and certified as true copy of the original so kindly go and get it from Bandra Courts and use it for any purpose you want.

Free Thinker (Human Resources)     07 June 2011


One more query, since i am out of the country, is there any law firms, agencies who could do this on my behalf in exchange for a fee?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     07 June 2011

As per your information that your marriage  is a court marriage. you can take a certified copy of your marriage registration certificate after filing an application for that and only 10-20 rupees(may be increase now) is the fees for it. within seven days your will be get the certefied certificate of your marriage.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     07 June 2011

sorry for that if any work in delhi and NCR u can contact to my, I have also a Law Firm

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     07 June 2011

@ Author

Kindly search under LCI >. Local Forums > Mumbai and approach directly a Ld. Advocate whose details are listed there for help on second asked que.

Free Thinker (Human Resources)     07 June 2011

thank you :)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query