LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suheib Muchhada   29 March 2022

Duplex turned into 2 flats

My building went in redevelopment and the builder offered me a duplex which was later turned into 2 separate flats(One for me and one for my brother who resided with me). The water tax, electricity bill, mantainence receipt and all the bill pertaining to the two flats are seperate(one for me and one my brother) but the agreement shows the two flats as single unit and is under the name of both me and my brother. With mutual consent we want the flats to be in each of our name. What is the procedure that needs to be followed? Thank you

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 March 2022

What is there in record shall be accepted.

Show all relevant title documents to a local prudent lawyer for proper analyses and professional advise.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 March 2022

The advocate may suggest you to make a settlement deed stating all such documented facts.  You may get it registered to claim the individual title on the basis of such a settlement deed.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     30 March 2022

Usually there is only one main entrance to a duplex flat, how many main entrances have been provided to your duplex flat? How many share certificates/registered deeds exist for the duplex flat? If the answer is one, this duplex flat can not be legally seperated. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register