IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pbl (designer)     25 November 2009

dues recovery

i'm into readymade garment supply to schools in my local region of siliguri, west bengal. i carry my bussiness with the trade licence and pay professional tax yearly.

while taking orders i take order slip from the schools and while delivery of goods i take signature and seal of the school. apart from this no other agrement is there.

a schools have not paid dues amounting to more than Rs.25 thousand rupees even after a time period of 1 year.

how can i recover the amount fast...


 4 Replies

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     25 November 2009

First serve them with notice to pay at once your dues and if not paid file summary suit in civil court of your jurisdiction.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     25 November 2009

issue legal notice to the school authroity to pay the dues within      days, inspite of receiving the notice if they kept quiet then file  a suit  for recovery of money.

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     25 November 2009

I agree with lrd friends and your claim is for recovery of price for goods supplied and & Services - signed  Order splips and Signed Delivery Notes are sufficient  to prove your claim against  your customers !


pbl (designer)     08 February 2010

i sent a notice through my lawer to the school. But the school did not receive the post and instead sent me a written complaint that the whole of the products supplied was faulty.....

what do i do next..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query