LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

l3on (student)     09 October 2014

Dubai cheque case

Thanks for all those reading this tragedy and your comments on this regard will be highly appreciated and it will help thousands of helpless people who suffer since these stupid judicial systems followed by the GCC’s especially by UAE.

I started my career as an engineer in UAE since 2001 with an Emirates Company known as “ Belhasa Group’ , the company was owned by an very influential Arab who was biased in many business activities in the Emirates ,Example:- Driving licence of UAE is easy when one go through Belhasa Drving School ; Most of the Civil Contracts /were/will be awarded for Belhasa Contracting Company..Etc.(there are few companies in this cate)

I resigned the company and the company is not pleased with my resignation and later I came out struggling and challenging all those travel bans Noc’S ETC.. and joined with a British company in a senior post.

In 2006 I  I took my wife along with me to UAE  and started few companies on her name for helping the developing people from my place and without any conditions and money I took nearly 400 guys to abroad .

FOR ALL THESE 400 visas I had gone through very hard situations such as each visas cost official charges of 7000 dhs + Pro collects 1000Dhs+ Sponsor 200Dhs+Typing Cost 200 Dhs+Immigration Officials 1000Dhs + MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS SUCH AS YOU WAIT IN Q FOR 7 HRS AFTER THEY DECLARE COMPUTERS NOT WORKING….other hand I never took any money from those for whom I applied for Visa.

Among these four companies one a construction company engaged with few construction works  and we got a big contract work  for 200 million dhs  and we gave security cheqs  undated for the contract in January 2007 and before we start the work they awarded the project to another company and we didn’t get any down payments or any such.

We made many attempts to collect those cheqs and couldn’t collect them back.

Finally in 2008 while travelling to india through Dubai Airport they detained me and sent to sharja police station and I was clueless for what purpose they detained me after three days I came to know that I got cheq bounced case without my knowledge ,Group of Arabs along with an Egyptian lawyer trapped me using those security cheqs issued for the construction work. They mentioned fake telephone number and fake address for the case except my passport number so that I will not appear for any court enquiries and get a verdict in my absence and the court put 7 years imprisonment for me in my absence .

The moment I was arrested in the Air port they detained all my phone and belongings I couldn’t convey any message to family or friends ,it took three days to inform my people through the phone from sharjah jail where you need to stand in q for more than 8 hrs to get a 60 seconds phone after tolerating all troubles from the arab inmates.

I was taken both hands cuffed in back and both legs cuffed bare foot ,(nowhere in the world such punishment for any extent of crime.) after reaching the court they use to put us inside the court jail without water upto evening and say that your file not came or judge is absent such reason and bring back to jail again and in 90 days I was taken to court from jail for 4 times and just one time I able to see the judge and with a help of a local arab I got bail and came out which is highly impossible for any other indian nationals. In that 90 days I met many indian inmates in jail who are very helpless and three Indian inmates were died inside the jail .

Back home hearing the news I am in jail mum and wife hospitalized and my only kid passed away.

In this 90 days my bank loans and credit cards defaulted and the moment I came out I settled few  and manage to produce some proofs on court and the case got dismissed.

I got terminated from the company and to meet my family I came to india. After 15 again I went to Dubai for settling those dues in banks by selling my cars and construction company..etc. unfortunately my sponsors of the company took over my companies and office and the assets of the companies .it normally happens in Arab countries worst than robbery. I lost everything  and came back to India.

Now I often getting calls from Debit collectors ,saying that warrant iterpol blah..blah and torturing me  I don’t know what to do ,can i file  case against those who took my companies through any international court ? can i file against my wrongful arrest and detention ? 

Learning

7 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     09 October 2014

Indeed sad to see your case but surprised that even with such strong business acumen you gave cheques without realizing the implications and more so in Arab country with its own laws not necessarily in consonance with international laws. You should contact a lawyer well versed uae as well as international law to see possible recourses but it'd be difficult you yourself know no doubt.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     09 October 2014

contact a lawyer in person it will be best for you

Alinawaz (_)     11 October 2014

Do nothing start new life in india

(Guest)

Hi, its very sad to hear your story, But if you really want to fight against these then i would suggest you to approach internation human right commission and place your problem before them. And if you dont want to manage or get rid of this then you forget everything and start a new life and try to build uyp your confidence as before.

l3on (student)     13 October 2014

Thanks Hardeep ,Nadeem,Allinawaz ,Neeha and for everyone who gone through my post ,however I really regret for being so careless on giving out cheques. 

I am now doing my law college final year probably an university rank holder soon , My primary message is " Don't ever trust investing in GCC countries-High Risk.

Secondarily ,Ensure to check the immigration records that if your records are clear before you travel.

Final message 'for those who suffer by the debit collectors in India be cool if you are not a willful defaulter and those calls from debit collectors from india In my strong opinion they have no right to call you , threaten you and extradition such ,arrest warrant ,red list all fake...if anything the cource of action will be through your local police station and without the knowledge of your local police no delhi police...no interpols will torture you in these matters , if any suffering of such kind mail me i may see if i can be of any help to you.Thanks.

In my case i am not worried to go inside the jail anymore for any years but wish it is better if its an indian Jail, and except Middle East One.

l3on (student)     13 October 2014

our Arab logic/Formulation is this -----------""it is  that no matter how many  innocent may suffer/die  for whatsoever reason for a single criminal (subject/yet  to be convicted or convicted in absentia) .

which In my opinion against the blackstones/ Mahathma Jees theory.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 October 2014

Prima-facie reading this thread I am not able to under stand which story you said was being read and reaction is based on the contents available in this thread only.

can i file  case against those who took my companies through any international court ? c

1. In I.C.J. cases can be filed only by Govt against govt.  There is no international forum which can be approached by individual as in your case.
  2. You are not able to say anything as to how  the take over of your company was illegal.
  3. You can file case at Dubai.

an i file against my wrongful arrest and detention ?

1. There is nothing shown in this thread by which could say your arrest to be illegal.  You were arrested and produced before court as per law of the country and could come out only on bail.  So arrest does not appear to be illegal [atleast cannot be proved illegal before the courts of that country]
  2. You can file such case in Dubai only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register