dual penalty in departmental inquiry

Sir, I am working in a PSU and for a single fault I have been penalised twice. Now nearly 7 years the company has accepted its mistake and cancel one of the penalty. the effect of cancellation is that I am eligible for promotion, but the company refuses to give me promotion from backdate. The company views are that Promotion cannot be given from backdates.

What Should I do?

I also want that who so ever was involved in the decision of giving dual penalty should be brought to book.

Can i file a case in the court and ask for monitory compensation because my carrier has been ruined. Is there any guidelines for the amount I can ask for compensation.

Are there any decision of the court on similar cases.

regards Sanzeena


yes first you seek the help of labour commissioner office , the labour court will give right direction. all are subject to the norms of  company bylaw

Total likes : 1 times



Learned Mr. Narayanan has given valuable advice. Kindly follow it.

It is highly unfortunate that this has happened and your career has been affected.

If your representations and response of company is verbal, then you may represent in writing and request the good offices to consider your case. You may obtain the company rules/policies applicable to deny promotion in case of  single/dual penalty ,and to penalize the employee who has inflicted dual penalty.

Total likes : 1 times


Thanks you for yr valuable advice. Do let me know is there any link between the claimed compensation amount and the court fees?




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x