LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gigi pramod (n/a)     05 November 2007

DTH

i am working in DTH (direct to home) company in Tamil Nadu. my doubt is whether Tamil Nadu shops and commercial establishment Act 1947 will apply for the company or any other Act will apply. in what category will the labour our dth company be represented as per labour law. it is not a factory hence factories act will not apply. can you guys help me out.

Learning

4 Replies

PBS KUMAR (n/a)     05 November 2007

Dear Friend,

> Your question is not clear.

> If your organisations any office (Corporate / Register )is situated in the perimetors of Channi. It should be covered under Tamil Nadu Shops and Establishment Act.

> If your company is (any manufacturing process is going on )deemed as factory According to Sec.2(m) Then your organisation is covered under the Factories Act.

So you may please go through at once both the acts.

Regards,

PBS KUMAR

gigi pramod (n/a)     06 November 2007

Thank you Mr.PSB.Kumar. our organisation is not a manufacturing company. it is direct to home service like tata sky and dish tv. we transmit the channels to the customers. our organisation is in chennai. whether tamil nadu shops and establishment act 1947 will apply for this type of organisation. i could not download the act from the net.

PBS KUMAR (n/a)     06 November 2007

Dear Mr. Gigi ji,

All the acts books will be available in a leading Law Book Houses in Chennai. Please search it.

Regards,

PBS KUMAR

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     06 November 2007

Registration is not manadatory under the TN Shops & Establishments Act. Adherence of certain statutory obligations are prescribed in the said Act, which have to be followed by an establishment. If you need more information on the subject, send a Personal Message to me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register