IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Parvesh (AIA)     06 March 2010

DSP Threatened Witness


A case was launched against a man who violated Section 67a. of the IPC.  The person(s) reporting the cyber crimes are in other countries.  This has been dragging by Punjab Police for some time.  Would a lawyer need to be hired by the complaintants even though the State of Punjab could pick up the charges and file the state vs. the culprit?  If not, what are fees for this as the women who reported have little money, but have involved and sent all data evidence, logs, ip proof, etc.  What can be done to move the police along?  I've read the case of the first cyber crime and it seemed to take only one month to get charged.  This case was filed in July 2009 and is slowly being investigated and it has now been brought to the attention of the DGP.  But still the delays are there to even make an arrest.  And the DSP who was involved is now removed, we think because he tried to make this personal and bring in marriage of the women regarding the crimes, which have nothing to do with the cyber crimes of obscene acts done by the culprit. Also the DSP threatened to arrest witnesses in Punjab based on hearsay evidence if they didn't stay out of the case.  A chat log which can be edited. The DSP also harrassed one witness in Punjab to stay out of the case, so this was complained and the women wanted to file and FIR against the DSP, yet no one is taking it.  The DGP's officer said meetings have taken place but to not even contact the DSP who was involved any further.  



Suggestions, referrals, help of any nature would be greatly appreciated.  What are lawyers fees in cases like this to stay on top of the Punjab Police?


 2 Replies

Ya_Ta (Software Professional)     08 March 2010


Write A Letter To DGP About You Case

Mail A Copy to HC & Supreme Court (Very Important May be lawyer say that its not required but u need to send it)

Mail A Copy To ALL TV NEWS Channel

Mail/Personally Give A Copy To Local News Paper.

You are going against to our gatar system So you may be threatern like ruchika Family

I m with you

Start A Blog


Ya_Ta (Software Professional)     08 March 2010



I made a Compliant Of SP Of diffrent state  Who Tried to threat me in phone

My City SP Helped me alot For That case.So Not All Police bad .:)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query