LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Drop West from West Bengal

We call one of our state West Bengal while it is in East of our country moreover calling it West Bengal is useless as we do not have any East/South or North Bengal.So why not drop "west" from west Bengal and call it "Bengal" only ?

Wanna get some more such foolish ideas just type    tusharcosmic     on youtube.

Plz. contribute.

Learning

20 Replies

Daksh (Student)     27 July 2010

Tushar,

Do not feel offended but your this thread seems not only totally childish but illogical - seriously if you think this is possible go to West Bengal at try to even discuss at streets - Bhaiyya bhawnaon ko samjho.

Can you stop any body from calling the Rajiv Chowk as Connaught Place.

Best Regards

Daksh 

(Guest)

Yes and I think the people of the state of the great nationalist Subhash Chandra Bose, Bankimchandra Dhattopadhyay and many more will also be agreed with you.  Any word which sound feeling any kind of separation from the united India should be dropped since has no practical mean.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     27 July 2010

It is due to further division of Bengal State, in West Bengal and East Bengal, East Begal is now "Bangladesh".

All states have distincts names. There is no need to drop the word "West" to Bay of Bengal. It is precious and must remain attached.

(Guest)

Ok Ashutosh ji so one day there will be East Bangladesh and West Bangladesh and further East Pakistan and Bangladesh.. very good suggestion..... than our next generations will sing "there was a nation called India, in which punjab sindh gujarat maratha drawid utkal banga, besides the river of some ganga..." 

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     27 July 2010

Samudreji, Why u want  to waste the word 'WEST', let it be attached with Bengal.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     29 July 2010

WEST ALREADY WEASTE FROM WEST BENGAL NOW IT IS ONLY BENGAL.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     29 July 2010

IT IS OFFICIALLY DONE, A FEW YEARS BACK.

(Guest)

Arup Ji,plz. give some real time links to confirm your statement.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     01 August 2010

I GOT IT FROM NEWS PAPER.

ANY PERSON RESIDING IN BENGAL MAY CONFIRM IT.

I HOPE SOMEONE WILL CONFIRM HERE.

(Guest)

Yes Arup ji, I also remember such thing happened before 6-8 years.

1 Like

(Guest)

Arup Ji,This Govt. site still says that it is WEST Bengal

https://www.wbgov.com/

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     03 August 2010

SEARCH NOT SUCCESSFUL. THE WEB PAGE NOT DISPLAYED.

MIGHT BE THE PAGE NOT EXISTED NOW.

(Guest)

Arup ji wake up my rememberance and I am very much sure that "west' is dropped and it was done silently in very nice way and a nice justification was there.  It was something like that since the east bengal was become east pakistan and finally Bangaladesh and so that it should not be remembered as a 'Part of that era" and should look like a part of India it is renamed as Bengal which is included as Punjab. Sindh, Gujarat, Maratha, Drawid, Utkal, Banga (Pashchim Banga do not suit here) .. Vindhya, Himachal, Yamuna, Ganga,, Uchchhal Jalad Tiranga.."

1 Like

(Guest)

Arup ji ,retry page is opening.

https://www.wbgov.com/

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register