Upgrad LLM

drink, drive and bribe case.

Finance Consultant

Hi, I was caught for drunk and drive case in Bangalore, Karnataka. I was not carrying a license at that time. A blackberry receipt was generated and given to me. I gave wrong name and address in the receipt. But they have my vehicle number(Delhi registeration) and mobile number. My vehicle was seized but I bribed a constable(gate keeper) at police station compound and he let me use a duplicate key to take the vehicle. Now, I am guilty and afraid of taking the vehicle without paying fine. They don't have RC / DL or any other document of mine. And neither do they have the vehicle. They don't even have my name and address. All they have is my vehicle number(Delhi registeration), phone number and a key of my vehicle. Can police still put up a case against me ? What will happen to the blackberry receipt ? What should I do now ?

In such drink and drive cases, the police is not very serious about the said minor lapses, if they do not find the vehicle or any details of the person, they generally close the issue by recording the details of the owner not traceable until and unless the vehicle is involved in a very serious offence.


Legal Adviser

Let by gone be by gone but be serious for future at least for this type of  trivial matters.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x