LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SURESH KALAGA (secretary)     05 January 2015

Dragging the case intentionally

Respected Legal Advisors, 

My wife deserted me six year back (in 2009). I filed RCR petition in 2011 seeking her joining with me. Exparte order granted in Dec. 2012.  After more than one year i.e. on March,2014 I filed for divorce.  Before filing I sent a legal notice also requesting her to back. To any of my actions she has not responded and now also they are dragging the case by not filing her counter since March, 2014.  

Can I file a petition in the High Court requesting the early closure of my case (i.e. giving short dates without any further intentional draggings/delays in her part explaining all the consequences to the court?

Since she is intentionally drag the case for ruin my life.. Kindly advice on this.




 2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     05 January 2015

Dear, Yes you can, because Hindu Marriage Act specifically provides for speedy disposal ... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

rising up again (FFF)     06 January 2015

Dear Adv. Kapil,


Is there any requirements of any case to be sent for speedy recovery in high court ??? what is the procedure for the same... ?


what best can be expected from the speedy trials...??  Is the duration allotted by the court ?? How does it work out ???


please guide !!! 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register